Information Technology Manager
We are presently seeking an Information Technology Manager to oversee the IT functions of our Radiology Healthcare Information Systems.
General Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the HIM manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and performing the day-to-day operations and workflow relating to the several HIM systems upon which the practice relies. These include, but are not limited to, McKesson PACS, Merge RIS, Magview mammography reporting system, Outlook WAN, Kronos HR, MAS 200 Accounting System, phone and fiber communication systems, multiple storage solutions and a variety of niche tools and DICOM/HL-7 interfaces.
Operational Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
This is a working-manager position with responsibility for training, motivating and directing a staff of seven direct-report employees. Works collaboratively with other senior members of the management team and with physician leadership to meet the operational goals of the practice. Provides assistance to the compliance staff in meeting HIPAA and HITECH requirements. Proactively manages, including corresponding communications and escalation paths, significant issues, status of projects, barriers and successes. Manages software installations and upgrades, analyzes operations to identify opportunities for improved efficiency, manages help-desk support for network users, serves as primary contact between practice and system vendors. Must be able to demonstrate respect, integrity, empathy and initiative.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of seven years progressive management experience
- Demonstrated experience with network and storage support
- Working knowledge of database table interactions, HL-7 interface functionality and wireless technology
- Ability to deal on a professional level with all practice personnel
- Ability to plan, design and lead new systems implementations required
- Skill set advantages would include:
- Programming proficiency
- Storage – SAN, NAS, DAS, ISCSI, Fiber-Channel, Fiber-Channel over Ethernet
- Windows and Unix Operating Systems
- UltraRad Gateway
- CISCO Firewalls, switches & routers
- Crystal Reports
Ultrasound Tech, RVT – (1) PRN Float
Radiology Regional Center is seeking an experienced RVT certified Ultrasound Tech who is ARRT certified and has a Florida radiography license to work in our Lee and Collier county offices, to provide excellent Ultrasound imaging services and patient care.
The candidate must be RDMS registered and vascular/RVT certified. This Sonographer will perform all specialty areas of ultrasound exams: general, vascular, small parts, breast, OB.
The leading candidate will present a willingness to be versatile to learn other modalities and be dedicated to providing excellent patient care.
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation
Basic X-Ray Machine Tech / Front Desk Representative – Estero
Radiology Regional Center is seeking a Basic Machine Operator who possesses as Florida State BMO license to work in our Estero outpatient diagnostic imaging centers to provide excellent Radiography and Fluoroscopy imaging services and patient care in conjunction with handling efficient front desk responsibilities.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in performing basic X-rays and fluoroscopic procedures and assist the Radiologists in the efficient flow of functions of the reading room. The ability and willingness to cross function to perform other functions in the center, including front desk functions, is required. The leading candidate will present Radiography qualifications, a willingness to be versatile and be dedicated to providing exceptional patient care.
- Must Possess a High School Diploma plus a current State of Florida license as a Basic X-Ray Machine Operator to practice medical radiography
- Must have completed the required hours of continuing education per certification to satisfy State of Florida requirements
- Possess knowledge and demonstrated ability regarding the principals and procedures of basic diagnostic radiology in compliance with Florida statutes and the operation and maintenance of routine radiologic equipment.
- Analytical skills to determine method of providing the requested radiography exams
- Understand the flow and functions of a radiology reading room and be able to assist the Radiologists with individual and batch reads
If you meet these professional requirements and are interested in joining a busy, growth oriented organization. Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to
or fax to (239)425-4650.
Medical Front Desk Representative – (1) PRN Float & (1) Part Time Cay West
(not full time positions and do not include benefits)
In all of Radiology Regional Center clinics, the first impression and point of guest service for our patients is the Front Desk Receptionist. It the responsibility of the front desk personnel to represent patience, understanding, knowledge and professionalism.
Under the clinical direction of a radiologist and general supervision of the Clerical Supervisor, Chief Technologists, and Managers, the front desk personnel perform those duties directly involving the various office procedures of an Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging facility. The services should be provided with attention to detail and with guest services being the primary objective.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and follow directives and instructions from radiologists, clerical supervisor, chief technologists, and managers to properly perform the positions functions.
- Promptly answer telephones, record and deliver detailed messages to appropriate personnel as soon as received.
- Greet patients immediately and by name in accordance with the company’s Guest Services Program. Provide follow-up information to patients and visitors.
- Provide preparation information and instruction to patients
- Address all patients, staff and visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Assist patients to complete all required paperwork.
- Enter, verify, and update patient demographics in the computer system as required.
- Re-verify information upon each return patient visit.
- Obtain patient’s insurance information and photo ID upon each visit.
- Receive files, prepares and forwards radiology procedure routers, requests, and prescriptions according to company policies and procedures.
- Scan all required documents into PACS.
- Verify a prescription or verbal order is available prior to proceeding with the patient’s exam.
- Identify and collects patient co-pay, coinsurance, and deductible monies due at the time of service.
- Provide time pay agreements and/or receipts for every financial transaction.
- Initiates patient payment schedule agreements to resolve outstanding balances
- Secure all cash, check, credit card payments, and cash boxes nightly in the company safe in accordance with company policy
- Balance daily receipts of cash, check, and credit card payments, daily report form, and cash boxes.
- Forward monetary collections and receipts to corporate business office.
- Facilitate walk-in, physician referral and STAT patient needs.
- Assist with training new employees as needed.
- Handle stressful and emergency situations with a calm rational demeanor.
- Demonstrate the ability to set priorities and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Manage company email account, navigate insurance web sites and company intranet as relevant to the position.
- Operate office equipment as necessary; including computer terminal, printer, telephone system, calculator, Medicaid/credit card machine, copy/fax machine and scanner.
- Maintain adequate office inventory and re-orders supplies as needed.
- Wear unobstructed name badge at all times while on duty.
- Adhere to and support company policies regarding dress code, smoking, meal and rest breaks.
- Channel concerns appropriately, deal with conflicts appropriately and privately.
- Assure that patient rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy and civil rights are maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of all classified and sensitive information and records, including patient care information according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Follow established policies and procedure including safety and precaution.
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to your supervisor, coordinator, chief technologist, or safety committee immediately.
- Attend and participate in in-service education classes, seminars, staff meetings, and on-the-job training programs as required.
- Perform other related duties within the job classification or organization as necessary or as assigned by your supervisor, coordinator, radiologist, or managers.
- Travel to other office locations for staffing coverage as needed.
- Identify and appropriately handle bio-hazardous waste according to safety standards.
FRONT DESK - SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Predetermine insurance coverage and Time of Service Collections as directed
- Clean and organize the front desk area
- Wipe down counters and electronic equipment
- Wash and/or fold Laundry
- Walk patients out when asked
- Walking patients back for the exam and getting them changed
- Clean and organize the lobby and hospitality room
- Stock hospitality refrigerator
- Check scripts for next day’s schedule
- Monitor film pick up bin for old films
- Assist patients with completing history sheets
- Call Reports to Referring Physician
- Put supplies away
- Burn patient imaging CD’s
- Interpersonal ability to deal effectively and courteously with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress, patients’ families, department staff, physicians, referral staff and others.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work, and handle stressful situations
- Skills to interpret and communicate medical terminology and diagnostic imaging reports.
- Must be able to use web-based resources to determine patient financial responsibility.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent, with emphasis in commercial and/or office practice courses.
- A minimum of one-year practical clerical experience, preferable in the medical industry, is preferred. On-the-job training provided.
- Medical industry experience is preferred
- Must type a minimum of thirty-five 35 words per minute.
- Must have computer experience to include medical registration and Internet software applications.
- Knowledge of medical front desk, insurance authorizations and collections is preferred
- CPR for basic life support preferred
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information in accordance with company policies and HIPAA requirements